All of the works were completed on time, on budget, with no problems and to a high level of workmanship. I would recommend Enerza without hesitation for trouble free, cost-effective metering and meter network solutions, coupled with great service and a friendly team to work with.
Pinewood Studios needed a metered output for their existing AHU units for film stages in constant use.
The existing system was very old but functional. First priority was a health and safety audit/inspection to evaluate risks including access and any potential asbestos hazard.
Due to the stages being in constant use, a very close working relationship needed to be formed with the client in order to prevent costly delays and inconvenience to Pinewood.
The system to be implemented needed to follow the existing metering strategy which Pinewood already had in place which was pulse outputs to an existing radio network.
A significant amount of pipework modification/fabrication was needed to deliver the solution.
The AHU units were very old and were installed with multiple 6 & 8 branch manifolds which meant having to drain the network and cut back the manifolds to allow the correct distancing before the ultrasonic heat meters , this required extensive welding and fabrication works.
For all four stages the following had to be implemented:
- The installation had to be undertaken during clement weather so that no heating was required for the stages.
- The first step was to drain down the required part of the network and ensure isolation was in place.
- To allow adequate distance from the existing manifold to the location of the new meter.
- The sixth branch main manifolds needed to be removed and cut back and re-attached to the output of the AHU unit, the straight run piece for the heat energy meter then needed to be installed to the four inch pipe work that we had installed as part of these works.
- To minimise inconvenience for the client all welding fabrication works were conducted offsite prior to onsite installation.
- The four heat energy meters were then installed and the network was filled and tested. The meters were then commissioned and connected to the existing radio network.
Whilst carrying out these works the client needed further work to be carried out on the main district system whilst we were onsite involving capping high level district heating pipework and removing ten meter legs which we undertook, supplying other film stages.
Since the solution was delivered Pinewood Studios has been able to accurately bill their studio tenants for the heat energy usage. Also, due to the functionality of the Kamstrup 602 meters, temperatures and flow rates can now be monitored to diagnose any potential district heating system issues.
Substantial income recovered and overheads recovery through precise billing.